Quality requires strong customer-manufacturer
9.1 Planning Quality
Quality must be planned.
Planned quality begins at the customer through contact with
sales and applications departments.
Request and offer phase:
- specify quality features,
- specify the production process,
- create a drawing of a design suitable for ceramics,
- agree tolerances,
- calculate manufacturing costs,
- specify product and process tests and
- estimate deadlines.
- Create production sequence plans,
- timetable plans,
- a material plan,
- and a test plan.
- Inform the tool-making department and
- ensure that detailed planning is carried out, operating
- preventative maintenance is performed, etc.